Required ASAP – Coordinator of Biology
Salary – MPS/UPS plus TLR2a
We are seeking to appoint a coordinator of Biology to lead the subject within the Science department. We are seeking an outstanding practitioner to work alongside the coordinators of Chemistry and Physics in supporting the Director of Learning in moving the department forward.
The successful candidate will bring with them their enthusiasm for science as well as Biology and the capacity to inspire and motivate both students and staff.
We are keen to hear from candidates who will:
- Take the lead in inspiring and motivating the science team in the teaching of Biology and improving outcomes.
- Be responsible for continuously improving the quality of teaching and learning of Biology in the department.
- Be responsible for monitoring pupil progress in Biology.
- Play a major role in the improvement of science outcomes working alongside other post holders within the department.
- Make a significant contribution to all aspects of the wider science curriculum.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Details can be found on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/agencies.bodies/dbs
Penketh High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th October 2021 (3.00pm)