The school works closely with Cheshire Police to identify signs of radicalisation and extremism and refers to Prevent.
What is Prevent?
The Government has a strategy called PREVENT which aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
- Main focus to prevent repeats of terrorist acts.
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it.
- Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support.
- Work with sectors and institutions where there are risks of radicalisation which we need to address.
- RADICALISATION – is a process by which an individual or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social or religious ideals and aspirations.
- TERRORISM – the unofficial or unauthorised use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
- EXTREMISM – the holding of extreme political views.
Out of School Contacts:
- Andrew McIntyre – Prevent Coordinator, Cheshire Police
- HQ Office Line: 01606 362147
- Email: McIntyre@cheshire.pnn.police.uk
- Visit cheshire.police.uk and follow @cheshirepolice on Twitter
- Stephen Gillham, Prevent Education Lead, Education Safeguarding Officer – 01925 442829
The Government Prevent duty in full can be found by following the link below: